2022 Falmouth Cup
Friday, August 19th
Notice of Race
1. Rules The Regatta will be governed by the 2021-2024 Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) with
exceptions noted in the sailing instructions.
2.1 The Regatta is open to all eligible boats in any of the Optimist, Open Skiff and C420
classes from the Falmouth area.
2.2 All Optis will race in the same fleet. Green Fleet sailors are welcome.
2.3 All sailors must be a participant in a sailing program, and they must be able to navigate a
3. Optimist sailors must not have reached their 15th birthday as of December 31, 2022. Open Skiff
and C420 sailors must not have reached their 18th birthday as of December 31, 2022.
4. All classes will race on the same course, but they will have separate starts.
The regatta will take place at the Falmouth Yacht Club 290 Clinton Ave. Falmouth MA
02540. The registration deadline is 2:00pm Thursday August 18th, 2022
Registration is available at: The registration fee is $50.00 and there will be no refunds. Breakfast, lunch, water
and post race ice cream will be provided for all sailors.
6. Schedule of Events: Friday 8/19/22
Skippers Meeting: 0915
Harbor Start: 0930
No races will be started after 1400
Cookout at FYC after racing
7.1 The Low Point Scoring System will apply
7.2 One race will constitute a series.
7.3 All Optis will race in 1 fleet; Open Skiffs will race in 1 fleet as well.
7.4 When five or more races are completed, a boat’s series score will be the total of her race
scores excluding her worst score.
8. Prizes Prizes will be awarded to the top three finishers overall in each class. There will be no
individual prizes for age group fleets.
9. Contact For more information contact Michael O’Connor at Falmouth Harbor Sailing School
located at Falmouth Yacht Club: 290 Clinton Ave. Falmouth MA 02540
Click here to view the latest 2022 Falmouth Cup results.
2022 Falmouth Cup registrations.
Click here to view the crew list